New Year's Car Resolutions with Gerry Lane Buick GMC
Start the new year off right with these New Year's Resolution ideas from Gerry Lane in Baton Rouge. Click here!
Why Choose Gerry Lane Buick GMC?
Wondering if Gerry Lane is the dealership for you? Click here to learn more.
4 ESSENTIAL TIPS FOR HOLIDAY VEHICLE PREP
1. Have a professional check your fluid levels: Although this seems as such an easy enough task, there is a safety risk if not performed properly. Our certified technicians can check your fluid levels, and the systems they control. We recommend checking Brake Fluid, Coolant Fluid, Power Steering, Transmission and Windshield Washer Fluid in addition to Motor Oil.
2. Ensure Proper Tire Care: The only think keeping your vehicle safely on the road is your tires. During the Holiday Season, the additional wear from the extra workload increase the chances of irregular and premature wear if your tires are not properly inflated you run the risk of overloading them. Be sure to have your tires, alignment, suspension and steering components all checked out to make sure they are in good condition.
We think driving during Halloween is best to be avoided, but if staying in is not in the cards then be on the lookout for parades of little goblins, ghouls, witches, and superheroes. In light of the approaching holiday, we want to remind everyone to drive safe and keep to the below guidelines.
1. Keep your eyes on the lookout for little creatures and superheroes.
Children can forget to look both ways when candy is on the mind, so keep your attention on the road at all times.
2. Improve reaction time by driving slow.
Speed limits and solid white lines exist for a reason. When you drive fast, it takes longer to stop.
3. There is no need to pass other vehicles.
As mentioned in number 2, slower is better, especially with all the foot traffic and cars on the road during Halloween. If you expect...
Trainer Tracy Anderson and Buick have developed five steps to improve overall wellness this summer. You'll find an explanation of these steps below.
#1 Skin - This principal is in reference to the summer sun and the skin's need to block harmful UV rays with sunscreen. Buick has taken this principal and made the Cascada convertible with leather seats that are made with UV-reflective materials.
#2 Songs - Gyms play music for a reason. Music can enhance workouts. In recognition of this, Buick promotes 4G LTE connectivity in all Buick models so drivers can connect and download tunes for the gym or wherever they might be going next.
#3 Sweat - This one is based on the concept of walking 10,000 steps a day. Engineers at Buick tested features of the Buick Envision 10,000 times as a way to be sure...
Road trips might occur year round but scenic drives tend to be spring and summer flings. With the approaching spring season almost here, Gerry Lane Buick GMC wants to recognize a few Louisiana scenic drives that both tourists and locals should try to experience at least once in their life.
1. Louisiana Great River Road Byway -
This route parallels the Mississippi River, connecting the likes of New Orleans, Baton Rouge, St. Francisville and New Roads. Each city gives travelers a different taste of Louisiana, ranging from famous restaurants to Civil War museums. Also, if you're a nature and wildlife lover this is the road you want to take.
2. Louisiana Scenic Bayou Byway -
This 500 miles plus stretch of road allows drivers to explore 13 parishes and hop from city to city, Ascension to Washin...